Established in 1984, we are a family owned plant & garden centre with a passion for plants. Comprised of a busy Gift Shop, Garden Café and Growing Nursery, we pride ourselves on our fantastic team of staff - and due to expansion, we're looking for more!
We are currently undergoing an exciting period of expansion, and as a result a number of positions have opened up for friendly, motivated people to join our team here at Beetham Nurseries.
Plants are our passion, and if you share this then we would love to hear from you! We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated Outdoor Plant Area Assistants to join our friendly team working in a busy, thriving plant area.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To assist with all customer needs & enquiries in a polite, efficient manner, operating the tills when required.
- To undertake any duties associated with stock maintenance e.g weeding, pruning or watering.
- Reception, pricing and presentation of stock as required. This will also include the preparation of plants for sale in the nursery or at plant shows.
- To ensure the Growing Nursery looks tidy and visually pleasing at all times.
- The role will involve an element of heavy lifting, as you will be required to assist customers with loading heavy or bulky items into their car.
- You should be physically fit, as there will be an element of heavy lifting, and able to work in all weather conditions.
- You will come into daily contact with our customers, so you will be personable and have good communication skills.
- Horticultural knowledge is a bonus, but not essential - full training will be provided!
- You are happy to assist in other areas of the Garden Centre if required: although the majority of the role is located in the Growing Nursery, there may be times when your assistance is required elsewhere.
- You are a team player, however are equally happy working unsupervised on your own initiative.
Full & Part time seasonal positions available, including some weekend work.
Interested? Register for free now and apply today!