We are currently looking for a Sales Assistant to come and join our team based in Bangor. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis working 39 hours per week and will receive a competitive salary depending on experience.
PPG Architectural Coatings UK & Ireland are one of the premier manufacturers and suppliers of decorative products, including paint and wood care finishes, wall coverings and a range of decorative sundries.
In addition to our network of over 190 Johnstone's Leyland Decorating Centres, we also supply own-label paint to national DIY retailers and branded Johnstone's and Leyland paints. PPG Architectural Coatings UK & Ireland are ISO 9001 and ISO14001 accredited and have a robust Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) policy. We employ over 2,000 people and last year's turnover was over £200 million.
About the Sales Assistant role
You will provide an enhanced customer experience by recognizing customer needs, sell PPG products and assist with the completion of Company objectives and to maintain a high standard of customer service.
- 25 days' holiday
- Contributing pension scheme
- Private healthcare
Key Responsibilities as our Sales Assistant
- Achieve Sales and Profit targets to ensure Company profitability. Proactive use of the 'War Book,' on a daily basis to ensure development of New, Lapsed & existing customer base to maximize share of wallet.
- Provide excellent customer service, identify customer needs in order to increase sales, provide assistance and product knowledge to improve service levels and sales targets.
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards are adhered to and in line with statutory legislation and Company policy.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures relating to security of Company monies and stock are strictly adhered to.
- Undertake opening and closing of the store, and provide cover at other stores within the Zone as and when requested to meet business requirements.
- Unload/load and check all incoming and outgoing deliveries.
- Input stock onto the Electronic Point Of Sale (EPOS) system in order to maintain accurate inventory records.
- Accept payments from customers and complete all sales documentation and authorization procedures.
- Answer customer queries, either face to face or over the telephone, giving accurate product information and where possible solve problems raised.
- Undertake, when required, an efficient delivery service.
- Undertake stock take duties as and when required within the store.
- Ensure store operating standards achieve the level of excellence required.
Knowledge & Skills needed as our Sales Assistant
- Customer focused and direct sales experience.
- Ability to liaise and communicate at all levels.
- Experience of customer facing environment or equivalent and the ability to offer excellent customer service.
- Computer literacy, ability to use other company software systems and general administration skills.
- Health and Safety awareness.
- A full, valid driving licence.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you'd like to join us as our new Sales Assistant then please click 'apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you!